Seasons of Rain


    Everybody goes through a season of rain in their life. We all have times when we get worn down and we struggle on the ground. Believe me, when I say that I've had my share of those times. I've decided to share some of those, in the hope of inspiring someone who is going through a hard time.

     We all react to these times differently, some get angry, some find release from tears, and others like me try to hold themselves strong. I'm the kind of person who doesn't cry, how doesn't show it when things affect them. I'm a loyal person, and when I form friendships I fully trust the person. It's still hard for me to open up completely to anyone.
   
    About three or four years ago, my family was going through a really hard time. We were all stressed to our max. If troubles were rain, it would be a torrent of rain blowing upon us. On one of the busiest days, my mom got a phone call from a close family member. They weren't calling to comfort or encourage her, no it was quite the opposite. I'd had an incident with them before, and the wounds still hadn't fully healed. I was wary, and I didn't quite trust them yet.
   Anyways, my curiosity won out after about an hour of my mom talking to them in another room. I went to the phone and listened in. I hate conflict and arguing. I was angry at the hateful words they were spewing at my mom, so of course, I felt I had to defend her. I wrote an email, my pain and anger pouring out. All the stress built up over the past few weeks were let out into this email, and I wrote my honest opinion.
     Since that day those family members have never contacted or talked to us. I do regret what I said, but God worked through those times. It was all in His plan. It made me grow up a bit faster and taught me a few lessons.
     Through the years since then, I've also lost the friendship of other family members. It's not easy to realize that some people simply take advantage of you under the pretense of friendship.

      I have a choice, though, and so do you. I could become angry at all the people who've wronged me, or I can forgive them. It's not easy to forgive. It takes will, and a while too. It's not like you can just utter the words, 'I forgive you', and never feel any resentment towards them later on. You can't always let people continue pushing you down, you have to let them go sometimes.

     If you're going through a hard time, or if you lost someone you thought was your friend, please don't let bitterness consume you. Things do get better, but you have to let go and forgive. You'll have to choose every day to forgive. God has great things in store for you, and He is holding your hand as you walk through the hard times.
   

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment