Vegan Tiger Ice-Cream

Monday, April 13, 2015

Hi everyone! I'm starting this new week with a recipe! :) A very yummy one too. Vegan Tiger ice-cream, that I haven't found one good recipe for yet. I made up my own, and I know you'll all love it.

   

    Ingredients

   Orange IceCream

    1 can Coconut milk chilled
    1 can frozen orange juice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
 

    Licorice Swirl >>>>>>>

    Molasses
    Licorice herb, or anise
    Water
    Sugar
 
   Directions
   I made the licorice swirl first, because it needs to cool before the ice-cream is made. I don't have any measurements for it, I just kind of made enough as I needed. Pour some molasses into a pot, and slowly add enough water to make it thin enough. Just enough to make it stir-able and enough for everything to mix in. Then add some sugar, about two tablespoons, or less. I had licorice root, with is like little pieces of it, so I had to grind it in a little grinder thingy. You could use a coffee grinder. If you don't have licorice you can just use anise. Both are quite strong so put a little in and then taste the mixture and adjust it till it's just right. It is VERY strong, so don't worry about making it too strong, because the ice-cream is mostly orange flavor and it can drown out the licorice. Bring to a boil, stirring to ensure it doesn't burn, and just wait till the sugar dissolves.
    Pour the coconut milk, maple syrup, and frozen orange juice into the blender. Blend until just smooth and pour into your ice-cream maker. Let it finish, but don't let it turn till it's hard. Take it out and put it in a freezer proof container, I just used a glass tupperware. Pour the licorice mix in and swirl it a little, let it freeze until it is just perfect.
     I froze mine overnight and was very worried it was going to be rock hard, but I took it out around 12 the next day and put it in the fridge, and by 3 o-clock it was perfect. Then I put it back in the freezer till four and then we ate it!
   I hope you enjoy this ice-cream. I've actually never had tiger ice-cream before, but found out what the flavor was online from non-vegan recipes. Sorry these are ipad pictures, it seems like all my ice-cream ones are, because I just want to eat it!
    Sincerely, Rachel


You Might Also Like

0 comments