Book Review of the Week: Mom's Night Out

Thursday, January 28, 2016

I've been hoping to watch the movie 'Mom's Night Out' for quite a while now, so I was delighted to be allowed to read the book in return for a review from NetGalley.
To be quite honest, I thought the movie would be funny and great, but the book? Well, I haven't read any books that are movies-turned-books, so I thought it wouldn't flow very well, and wouldn't be that good. It was hilarious and well-written.
I was laughing a lot, and my family probably thought I was crazy. I don't read funny books very often, but this one has reminded me that I need to more! It is so funny, and perfect for a book to lighten up after a stressful week, or even just to laugh.
It was written quite well, it flowed well, and didn't have boring 'filler' parts. It kept me wondering what was going to happen next, and I certainly didn't expect everything.
The characters were great. I feel like Allyson was what a lot of moms are like. Busy, tired, stressed, feeling frumpy and grumpy. It did give me a whole new perspective on pastor's wives. That maybe they want someone to talk to, to confide in and get advice from.
The husbands were really funny too. And so catastrophic together, which made it even funnier.
Overall I rate it 5/5 and recommend it for 12+ (because younger ages might not find it that interesting) and especially moms. 
   Happy Reading!
    Sincerely, Rachel

You Might Also Like

0 comments