Book Review of the Week

Monday, September 14, 2015

  So... I decided that I'd do a book review of the week, even though it is more like book review of the month. It's going to be rather short, as I'm supposed to be doing school right now. Anyways let's get to it.
      This weekend I read a great book called, "Forgotten Girls: Stories of Hope and Courage" by Kay Marshall-Strom and Michelle Rickett. It was a really good book about girls in countries around the world, and the struggles they face each day.
        From the very first page this book was so thought provoking, and really grabbed my attention. The style of writing was really good, and that didn't really matter anyways because the stories were what made it the best.
        When the woman from Sudan asked why Americans don't help the women there, it really made me ask myself why we don't do more? When I learned about the little girls in India, it made me want to go scoop one up and tell her she's worth everything. When I read about the girls in Timbuktu and Japan it made me want to go and help them out of their situation.
        This book really inspires you not only to learn more about the plight of women and girls in foreign countries, but also to do something about it. And it doesn't leave you wondering what you can do, it gives you suggestions and steps to follow.
    I suggest this book 100% and give it 5/5 stars. I would say that it is appropriate for girls 13+.
     I hope you enjoyed my little book review, and to see how many people actually read this I'm going to ask you to do something for me. Leave me a comment, just saying hello, or tell me what you want me to do more of on this blog!
     Happy Reading!
   Sincerely,
Rachel R.

You Might Also Like

0 comments